Member Ties - Club Software
A much better membership management program than many others I have looked at but still lacks a few basic features.
- Software can be downloaded and tried out with up to 20 members before you buy.
- Lots of fields for entering membership details including a number of custom fields that you can use to record details not covered.
- New field input in many fields is matched against prior entries and possible matches are displayed to minimize typing.
- Can handle groups of clubs and record which clubs within the group individual members belong to.
- Records relationships between members
- Record membership activities and attendance
- "To do list" allowing planning for future activities.
- Donations and dues payable/paid recording
- Custom membership reports and labels in Pro version
- Bar code processing
- No field to record post office sort code for bulk mailing. This can be handled by a custom field but requires custom reports and labels.
- No receipt number recording/generating - although this is apparently on the list of things to be added soon.
- Margins on many of the provided reports have problems with A4 paper with the last one or two characters on each line rolling to the next page.
- No facility to use dues or relationship fields on custom reports.
- No facility to display club name on membership cards but you can display a logo or member photo.
This software has many advanced features and with the Pro version allows a great deal of customization to meet individual club needs. This means that Member Ties can handle the variety of requirements of different types of clubs. It is certainly a lot more flexible than most of the other club membership software I have looked at. Unfortunately the limited access to the data that is not directly attached to members or clubs means that these other features may be of limited use if the way that they function does not match exactly to the club's requirements.
Where to get it
MemberTies can be downloaded directly from the MemberTies web site.